Friday, February 27, 2009

The culprit has been found!

No.....a rogue salmon did not swim into the brownie batter.....


First, let me back up to the dinner before the brownie. Perhaps this was the origin of "eat dessert first"?

For dinner, as per the menu plan, salmon. I relented slightly and offered the small folk a choice of tuna burger. A choice that was most eagerly accepted. That leaves more yummy salmon for me. Oven baked sweet potato fries were also not so popular with the kids, or for that matter, Honey. More yum.
I was particularly pleased that I had gotten a large slab of fresh salmon from Sam's (about $14) and divided it up into 2 meals. I even used the spify vacuum pack bags with the extremely COOL little vacuum tool. And, boy did that little sucker work - no pun intended. The thawed salmon look fresh as can be, and tasted great.

But everyone has a preference about how their fish is grilled.....so one piece was coasted with (blech) butter and salt substitute, one with (yummy) soy-ginger marinade, and the last, simply sprayed with......you guessed it.........
PAM. See that muffin tin?


Apparently, although I am insenely obsessive about keeping my hands clean, there must have been some cross-contamination on the can.....and voila;
The Salmon Brownie Muffin is born.









2 comments:

a boy a girl and a pug said...

oh my word that is too funny! that's wild how long it hung onto the pan.

the mama bird diaries said...

the salmon brownie muffin? Yum. :)